Today’s map is based on the concept “Gimmie Shelter.” It’s apparently a song title, but I haven’t gone to the effort to listen to any of these yet. But the word shelter kept coming back to me, so i decided to do something kind of Fallout-ish. I don’t play Fallout, but I know the general concept and if I had to run a one shot, I’d do something like this:
- Party wakes up in the Cryochambers, a lot of fellow shelter-ites are dead and decayed. Its been a long time. There is an elevator shaft between the rooms. The doors are loose. The elevator is stuck 2 floors up, but the door to the North side of the shaft on the next floor is open.
- This leads to an armory, with some post-apocalyptic weapons. Should get something to pry the elevator doors on the other side.
- The offices on this side tell of the history, but also some of the insidiousness. I guess. I don’t play the games. But connecting some loose wires will have the elevator lurch down 2 floors, so its no longer blocking the shaft. You can climb all the way up to the top now, except that door is sealed and needs some security code to open.
- The 3rd floor (1st basement?) has weird glowy trees and a pool of water. there is some mutant beast to fight and you get the door code card from beating it.
- The top floor has stark bunker and a really big door that leads out to the unknown.
I have no intention of running a Fallout game. Never interested me. But that’s what I’d do.